zaterdag 3 november 2012

How come I can't comment? Error Try Again?

I was having problems posting comments on YouTube, and so I searched on the internet to see if others have the same experience, and this is what I'd found:
Ik had problemen met het plaatsen van reacties op YouTube, en dus zocht ik op het internet om te zien of anderen dezelfde ervaring hebben, en dit is wat ik had gevonden:

 23 berichten van 19 auteurs in YouTube
Categorieën:


szeernwongLevel 1

12-04-10

Why doesn't youtube let me comment? it kept on saying Error Try Again...what does that mean? I tried again and it still didn't work? I can't even reply to the question I got about my videos? I haven't been able to comment for quiet a long time. I need help!?!
Ik ook - Andreas Lindhé en Giancarlo Garcia



We are Busy BeaversLevel 1

13-04-10

I'm having this exact same problem.
I can't REPLY or even post new comments on my videos.
In fact, sometimes I delete things and they come right back when I refresh the page.
I've tried firefox and chrome and they both have the same problem.
I wish someone would reply with some help or You Tube would fix this bug in the new Video Pages.

1
0


GenerolHavocLevel 11

15-04-10

It's possible it could be the site maintenance fixing errors, or it could be this error which Liz posted about a few days ago, which many people where having, which in any case, will be back to normal hopefully soon.

0
0


jersteLevel 1

24-04-10

Same problem for me and I can see people running around and asking for help.

Never happened before. Looks effectively like a bug with the (ugly) new lay-out, but Liz, although she seems kind, was not explicit in her answer.

It's ok if you have a bug, just tell us what bug it is so if we can help we will, and if we can't we'll wait. It's not that difficult to do really. But is it a bug really..?

What I think: first thing to do is not to go over the maximum characters you are allowed to post. If you go over this limit you will get the error message. Without explanation, and you won't be much alerted by the tiny and confusing message which will say: - xx characters remaining. Read this as "minus (quantity) characters remaining.

This is very confusing because you should be told: xx characters over the limit. Instead you are left with the impression that it is your post that is faulty.

Suggestion to Liz: open a magic ticket and change the error message.

Take care.

0
0


WTF_WTFLevel 1

28-04-10

It's part of the New World Order in which Google and the CLIA (Central LACK of Intelligence Agency) and the FBI (Federal Bureau of Idiots) control and acquire information on every aspect of our lives.  But since it involves the CLIA who couldn't find Bin Laden and did not get ONE thing right on WMDs in Iraq, they are even screwing up YouTube and their own intelligence gathering.

Now if I disappear after posting this, please call my mother.

6
8

GenerolHavocLevel 11

29-04-10

@WTF_WTF

Rofl

@szeernwong and others.

Ok I need abit more info about error, ok in the reference below lardhat said he could post short messages and they worked though long ones or messages close to the max character amount give him the error, I need to know if his info is correct as I may know the problem..

0
0


Dark.RevenantLevel 1

13-05-10

This happens when I post any link to my site (and I'd imagine any other site with a nonstandard site address suffix).  I posted on a video representing my own work (posted by someone else, though) as part of a contest, mind you, so I wasn't spamming.  I tried obfuscating the address half a dozen times, to no avail.  Eventually I gave up and phonetically spelled out the address, which, for obvious reasons, looks very awkward over the internet.  I guess Google really knows their anti-spamming algorithms...

0
0


SandhanincLevel 1

15-05-10

I am also having trouble today posting a comment... same thing... I AM logged in but it keeps sending me in a loop to Google asking me to sign in.... HELP please.... This is ridiculous.

1
0


pukedragonLevel 1

15-05-10

@we are busy beavers
you can disable comments altogether on your videos, and all of the comments will go away.  You could try that until youtube fixes all its problems.

0
0


We are Busy BeaversLevel 1

15-05-10

It seems to be getting better these days - I noticed the layout has changed slightly.
It's working more often than not now so I think they've sorted it.
Disabling Comments was really a last resort for me - I want people to be interactive with my vids and about 80% of the comments are friendly and useful.

0
0


danimationLevel 1

15-05-10

the same problem for me but i logged out and now i cant log back in. ive tried about 100 times to change my password and everything. its even more annoying since it makes me go to google to log in. i just hope this is a stupid glitch and everything will be back to normal soon.

0
0


NoxInfluxLevel 1

16-05-10

It won't let me post messages at all.

"Error, try again."

2
0


americanbandwidthLevel 2

16-05-10

This is months old issue, they will not fix it.
You do not become the 2nd most viewed website on the internet by mistake so I must assume that this is by design.
They want to make us mad, It can't be by mistake or they would have addressed it by now.
World of Warcraft fixes things in a few days or faster and it's almost as big and much more complicated.
YouTube just sux, They want you to leave.

0
1


Tom.BLevel 2

11-07-10

I find that when I tried to reply to a certain person I got the "Error, Try again" message. I made a non @reply comment on the page which worked fine and I wanted to reply to another comment I saw. Nope, no dice. Yet I could @reply on a different video. I'm not sure what's up but Youtube has issues :S

0
0


brianfiddleLevel 1

03-08-10

Same problem get up of your arses and fix it. If I was paying you for ann advertisment and this tyoe of thing happened you would not be long fixing it. Same old thing money before people

0
0


SobersLevel 1

03-08-10

Here is something I want to point out.
I made a comment which was very stylistic in format (spaces, enter, paragraph etc) but after two days I saw it changed and it looked like a non-punctuated thing. Spaces erased, paragraphes vanished and sometimes a huge gap for no reason.
Though it still looks the way I posted on my channel page 'Recent Activity'.
What about this?Anyone has any idea?

1
0


kickliquidLevel 1

11-08-10

WTF. I have like 32 remaining characters in the comments section and I still get this error?

0
0


cloudotvLevel 1

16-08-10

I got "error try again" commenting on youtube when I wrote some special characters like $, :, etc. OK when I deleted them. Also see http://intellspire.net/2010/06/youtube-commenting-errors-error/

1
0


cloudotvLevel 1

16-08-10

Youtube seems to block post suspected of containing a web address.

0
0


akumaserge2Level 1

25-09-10

I've had the same problem for over 2 days, but I found out what was causing it in my situation.

I had 2 accounts, gmail and youtube, both had different names. Since Youtube merged with google, they've been using google's logins so you can get to your account. I also noticed that my username was a bit wrong where it said (username) | Sign out, etc. So I signed out and signed back in and noticed it fixed itself.

0
0


nottipieLevel 1

26-09-10

how to cure this problem? It's frustrating.
I created a new account and still it doesnt work!

0
0


JaySee55Level 1

01-10-10

I can't post any comments on any videos with ANY browser.

I'm in Windows 7 64-bit and tried all the latest versions of FireFox, IE, and Chrome.

0
0


SobersLevel 1

07-10-10

I found a solution, really hectic though.
If I see my comment format changed and if I delete it to write again, it doesn't work.
May be it recognizes that my comment was deleted earlier for some 'bad' or unknown reason.
This thing happens to everyone because may be some time earlier you deleted (or got removed) for any reason but your cookies are still there in your account or in your computer.
I suggest you run Advanced System Care (which can be downloaded free for whole life) in one but another consecutive days and then try commenting again.
I found it as a solution for myself.

0

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

Zie: HTML-tags in reacties toepassen en open met deze link een nieuw tabblad of nieuwe pagina om de aanwijzingen te kunnen raadplegen.