zaterdag 25 januari 2014

WHY DID JESUS DELIBERATELY SABOTAGE HIS POPULARITY AMONG THOSE WITH WHOM HE HAD LIVED?

We have probably all heard the story of the man who purchased a horse that formerly belonged to a preacher. In order to make the horse go, the command, “Praise the Lord,” had to be given. To stop the horse, “Hallelujah!” was the instruction. The purchaser did all right in getting the horse started. “Praise the Lord!” he shouted. The horse took off at a full gallop. The problem was that the horse was headed for a cliff. “Whoa!” the man shouted, but to no avail. Suddenly he realized he had forgotten the command to stop the horse. Just in the nick of time he remembered. “Hallelujah!” The horse came to a stop at the very edge of the cliff, so that its new owner could look into the chasm below. The man began to feel a bit religious himself, and so with great excitement and relief he shouted, “Praise the Lord!”


The point of this well-worn story for us is that saying the wrong thing can get a person into a lot of trouble. There are a number of very public personalities that can testify to the truth of this statement. I can immediately think of several political figures, not to mention some religious leaders who have found their statements to have gotten them into a lot of trouble.







5 opmerkingen:

  1. JESUS is a JEW, and He is God, and He represents ALL colours, because He is the INVENTOR of human beings and other creatures and EVERYTHING.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. John 6:66 At this, many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Jesus said therefore to the twelve, “You don’t also want to go away, do you?”
    68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and know that you are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    70 Jesus answered them, “Didn’t I choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?” 71 Now he spoke of Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, for it was he who would betray him, being one of the twelve. http://www.biblija.net/biblija.cgi?Bible=Bible&m=Jn+6%3A66-70&id14=1&id7=1&pos=0&set=3&l=en&idp0=15&idp1=8

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. When I was away from you, I had plenty of nothing real to do, Hoping I could feel, someday, like I could be satisfied some way, Then I felt you touch me, And, when I looked into your eyes, I knew how much you'd mean to me. Where can I go? What can I do? Where can I go? There's no life away from you. When they walked away from you they asked if I would follow too, But I know what it's like behind; the way I was, was less than fine, Then I felt you touch me, And, when I looked into your eyes, I knew how much you'd mean to me. Where can I go? What can I do? Where can I go? There's no life away from you, No life away from you. When they walked away from God one day, they turned to me, and asked if I was going to stay, But oh, where can I go? Where can I go? All of us have gone astray, lonely all along the way, When our hope came shining down, we turned our heads, we turned around, Then I felt you touch me, And, when I looked into your eyes, I knew how much you'd mean to me. Where can I go? What can I do? Where can I go? There's no life away from you, Where can I go? What can I do? Where can I go?
      http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/lyricsdetail.php?lyrics_id=19916

      Verwijderen

Zie: HTML-tags in reacties toepassen en open met deze link een nieuw tabblad of nieuwe pagina om de aanwijzingen te kunnen raadplegen.