vrijdag 4 september 2015

All Day Watcher - Hans's version - Golden Earring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA4oYUuF7_Q&feature=youtu.be

All Day Watcher - Hans's version - Golden Earring


Published on Sep 4, 2015
Vocal remake of the song 'All Day Watcher' from the
LP "Together " 1972 (Netherlands,Hard Rock,Prog Rock, Blues Rock) New Lyrics below.
I do not own the rights. they go to the respectable Golden Earring.
– George Kooymans – lead guitar, vocals
– Barry Hay – flute, guitar, saxophone, vocals
– Rinus Gerritsen – bass, keyboards
– Cesar Zuiderwijk – drums, percussion

New Lyrics with my vocals (I'm 55, so singing high notes isn't that easy anymore):

Well in a few more hours, and millions of people
hate their alarm, like being cut with a knife
The day is beginning, you can tell by the sunrise
People get ready for a day in their lives
They're getting together, in the streets of the city
Like lost computers of a shattered tribe
They're all in a hurry, to be in time
some for promotion, some to stay alive
Yeah, yeah
I'm the all day watcher, that's all I do
I'm the all day watcher, I'm watching you
Well I shake my head and I shake my brain
And I don't understand why they're all the same
I weigh pro's and con's, against their lives and mine
But I don't know, it's beyond my frame of mind
Beyond my frame of mind, yeah
Ooh, in a few more minutes, and millions of people
hear the whistle of freedom, blowing through their head
They push and they hurry and the herd starts moving
they follow the trail back home again
Where they're taking it easy, with some pop or beer
Watching the late late show on online TV
Well life ain't easy, when you're livin' that way
Oh, God, make them wonder, they need you everyday
Yeah, yeah

Well I shake my head and I shake my brain
And I don't understand why they're all the same
I weigh pro's and con's, against their lives and mine
But I don't know, it's beyond my frame of mind
Beyond my frame of mind, yeah

Original lyrics (a bit sexist and without reference to God):

Well in a few more hours, and millions of people
hate their alarm clock, even more than their wives
The day is beginning, you can tell by the sunrise
People get ready for a day in their lives
They're getting together, in the streets of the cities
Like lost computers of a shattered tribe
They're all in a hurry, to be in time
some for promotion, some to stay alive
Yeah, yeah
I'm the all day watcher, that's all I do
I'm the all day watcher, I'm watching you
Well I shake my head and I shake my brain
And I don't understand why they're all the same
I weigh pro's and con's, against their lives and mine
But I don't know, it's beyond my frame of mind
Beyond my frame of mind, yeah
Ooh, in a few more minutes, and millions of people
hear the whistle of freedom, blowing through their head
They push and they hurry and the herd starts moving
they follow the trail back home again
Where they're taking it easy, with a box of beer
Watching the late late show on color TV
and life ain't easy, when you're livin' that way
But sometimes I wonder, maybe it's fun everyday
Yeah, yeah

Back to square one - All Day Watcher http://ezekiel38rapture.blogspot.nl/2...



Hans S - Golden Earring - All Day Watcher - Improved version

17 opmerkingen:

  1. +Grodan Christella
    I've change that line into "O God, make them wonder, they need you everyday'.
    This is a song from when I was about 12, and my first encounter with The Golden Earring, because they played live in my hometown, and I was there.


    This is a Swedish band I've seen playing live, and that was after I had become a follower of JESUS, and they're one of my favorites: Jerusalem - 01 In His Majesty's service - In His Majesty's service - 1985 (lyrics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZmqw55Maeo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. +Alicia Lopez +Grodan Christella My first attempt to sing with my partial dentures.
    They didn't fall out of my mouth. ;-))

    This isn't my best recording, because I hadn't slept enough and I smoke too much, and sometimes I almost lost my breath, but I wanted to do this in response to the fact that my wife has left me, after a relationship of more than 30 years.
    Yesterday morning I woke up and I had to think of this song, which I know from when I was about 14, but I know the Golden Earring from when I was 12 and they played in my hometown in 1972, which was great, and my first rock concert.
    I was an unbeliever back then, and the original song is quite cynical.
    I've changed it into a gospel song.
    +SheaSheaOnUrTUBE +shereesings4Jesus Christ

    This is 'my' wife: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qKqlix5CJe0/VenOdTWmk3I/AAAAAAAAffo/cCuyHV3_IIQ/s640/Only%2BJESUS%2Bis%2BNORMAL%2521.png

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. +Grodan Christella
    Yes, very sad, and unnecessary, because we were always able to talk things out, together with our Lord JESUS, but her best friend is now an unbeliever, who's a women she knows through her job.

    The saddest thing is that she told me she doesn't love me anymore on the day of death of my dad, the 27th of July, while I believe he got saved when he was dying at only 53, and while I believe the rapture is imminent.
    I always kept her updated about the end times news and knowledge about the Vatican NWO, because she isn't an internet kind of person herself.
    She watches the main stream 'news' (brainwashing) through the TV and I often had to tell her that this 'news' is poison and based on lies.
    She has a protestant-Christian religious background and I used to be an atheist.
    I have discovered that Protestantism is in fact still a form of Roman Catholicism, and it was very hard to persuade her not to celebrate 'Christmas' (Christ-massacre) anymore, and many protestants and even evangelicals have the same attitude.
    They're still blind to the fact that CHRIST-MASS is about the DEATH of Jesus, because the Roman Catholic DEATH CULT loves to see JESUS dead!
    So, I have been facing a spiritual battle with her, and she also thought I was in love with someone else, and it's true I love a person with a very weird background, and who became a witch, but that was due to child rape by her own father, and my mom has a similar background, though she didn't became a witch, and both women have a Catholic background.
    Thanks to my love for this poor wretch (who was at times very evil toward me, but this was due to demons) I was able to love my mother again, and to reconcile, and this was last July the 15th, on her birthday.
    But my ex doesn't love her, and my mom also has problems with her, because they are both very outspoken women, but my mom is 26 years older than my ex, who's 60.
    Here's the site I made about 'the witch': http://nyxtherockbitchwitch.blogspot.nl/

    Keep in mind that I'm an ex-atheist, with NO Christian-religious background.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Let's have a PARTY!
    DOWN with the VATICAN, BABYLONIAN NWO!
    Undercover - Branded - If I Had a Dream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNo4dV3vrA

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. +Grodan Christella
    You know: sometimes God-the Lord JESUS makes me CRAZY!

    He loves little children and He want us to be LIKE children, and yet He turns us into 'adults'=grown up children who tend to make things complicated and even impossible....

    I know WHY: He wants to be understood Himself, and yet He says no one is really able to know Him....
    It's the knowledge of good and evil.

    But now I have this knowledge, I wish I never knew about it.

    Where's my Robin Hood outfit: http://ezekiel38rapture.blogspot.nl/2015/07/no-one-came-from-mies-around-and-said.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Zie: HTML-tags in reacties toepassen en open met deze link een nieuw tabblad of nieuwe pagina om de aanwijzingen te kunnen raadplegen.