vrijdag 25 september 2015

Jesus Christ Superstar (1970 Original London Concept Recording)

Jesus Christ Superstar (1970 Original London Concept Recording)


Published on Apr 13, 2014
Track list:

Side one:

1. Overture - 0:00
2. Heaven on Their Minds - 3:59
3. What's the Buzz/Strange Thing Mystifying - 8:19
4. Everything's Alright - 12:33
5. This Jesus Must Die - 17:47

Side two:

1. Hosanna - 21:24
2. Simon Zealotes/Poor Jerusalem - 23:33
3. Pilate's Dream - 28:21
4. The Temple - 29:49
5. Everything's Alright (reprise) - 34:32
6. I Don't Know How to Love Him - 35:01
7. Damned for All Time/Blood Money - 38:42

Side three:

1. The Last Supper - 43:54
2. Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) - 51:01
3. The Arrest - 56:34
4. Peter's Denial - 59:55
5. Pilate and Christ/Hosanna (reprise) - 1:01:23
6. Herod's Song (Try It and See) - 1:04:07

Side four:

1. Judas' Death - 1:07:09
2. Trial Before Pilate (Including the 39 Lashes) - 1:11:24
3. Superstar - 1:16:37
4. The Crucifixion - 1:20:51
5. John Nineteen: Forty-One - 1:24:58


Jesus Christ Superstar is a 1970 rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. The album musical is a musical dramatisation of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ, beginning with his entry into Jerusalem and ending with the Crucifixion. It was originally banned by the BBC on grounds of being "sacrilegious."

The album's story is based in large part on the Synoptic Gospels and Fulton J. Sheen's Life of Christ, which compares and calibrates all four Gospels. However, greater emphasis is placed on the interpersonal relationships of the major characters, in particular, Jesus, Judas and Mary Magdalene, relationships that are not described in depth in the Gospels.

The album topped the U.S. Billboard Pop Albums in 1971 and served as a launching pad for numerous stage productions on Broadway and in the West End. The original 1970 boxed-set issue of this 2-record set was packaged in the U.S. with a special thin brown cardboard outer box which contained the 2 vinyl records and a 28-page libretto. The album was listed as the top-selling LP on the U.S. Billboard Pop chart of 1971. It is also the sixth most successful album of all time in Norway, peaking at No. 3 and staying on the charts for 87 weeks


© 1970 UMG Decca/MCA/Decca Broadway Records
Produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice





For Gillan fans only......but others may listen as well

5:20 not me you'd better understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

This could be a very dangerous song: it brought me to my knees, many years ago...for a short while, because about three years later I received an even harsher chastisement from God, which finally resulted in my surrender to Him.

At the end of 1980 I received the gift of faith (Hebrews 11,6) while I was singing along to this song (very loud!), while simultaneously satisfying the condition of Psalms 34,18 because of personal circumstances. I was already doubting the evolution theory because of what I had learned, and I already believed in the supernatural, because of certain experiences. And then 'Mr. Universe' spoke to me, at the end of this song.

He said; '*Hans, you can do two things; commit suicide or go read the Bible*'. Mr. Universe turned out to be none other than JESUS.

Ian Gillan's most emotionally intense song about the most important
issue: what are we doing here on earth, and why are we here at all?
See his song in the perspective of his christian upbringing and leaving church and christianity at the age of 12, because of getting the wrong information.
Then, many years later, he performed the studio version of Jesus Christ Superstar, and he sang 'Gethsemane'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cCuadivpE which is in fact NOT about the real Jesus, but about you and me...being angry at God, because of having had a death sentence, being the offspring of Adam and Eve.
The real Jesus wouldn't have said words like in the song 'Gethsemane', because then He would've been fighting Himself: He is God (like it or not)!
You may compare Gillan's version of 1970 with this version, sung by Ted Neeley in the 1973 movie 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mFBh2z9sc

In 'Child in Time' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs Gillan tells the story of a loser: it could be you...
It almost happened to me when three years after 'Mr Universe' opened my eyes, I listened to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Nfj8wk-0Y
Ian was disgusted when he saw the record sleeve.
But being a singer is just a job, and he needed the money and fame: I saw him perform with Black Sabbath in Holland not long before I finally rejected satan and the wrong kind of friends.
It was like watching your favorite footballplayer in the wrong team.
No laughing in Hell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgO5apLDti0
Don't end up here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItJpd0VeAU&mode=related&search=

Gillan's angry, but HONEST words toward God:

Mr. Universe (Gillan/Towns)

Are you god are you man do you live in fear
Are we trash in your can a bubble in your beer
I just need some information
Tell me what's my destination

If we run will we fall mr. Universe
Climb your hill climb your wall mr. Universe
A million years of procreating
Now i'm here don't keep me waiting

Maybe we're going somewhere
If so we can find the end
Everyone's getting nowhere
But not me you'd better understand

Is the wall made of brick what can lay behind
Is the brick very thick is it in my mind
Universe is cruel deception
Freedom is a contradiction

Is your smile just a smile or is it just a trick
To make me walk another mile i must be so thick
I'm going where i've set my eyes on
Way behind that blue horizon.

Gillan interviews: http://faceculture.nl/ian-gillan-interview-part-1-0

Mr Universe - my conversion song http://ezekiel38rapture.blogspot.nl/2013/06/mr-universe-my-conversion-song.html

ARE YOU READY TO GIVE YOUR HEART TO JESUS? IF SO, PRAY THIS OUT LOUD!

Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner, but I believe that you died upon the cross for me. I believe that you shed your blood for the forgiveness of my sin. And I believe that on the third day you rose from the dead and went to Heaven to prepare a place for me. I accept you now as my Savior, my Lord, my friend. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and set me free from my sin. And because you are my Savior, I shall not die but have everlasting life, AMEN!

Be RAPTURE READY by having ASKED the Father to be filled with HIS Holy Spirit.
This is VERY important, because JESUS=God teaches this;

World English Bible, 2002
King James Version, 1611
13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ASK him?"
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ASK him?
Luke 11,13

Example; "Father God, I ASK you in JESUS' name to fill me with your Holy Spirit..and I PRAISE YOU AND I THANK YOU and I WORSHIP YOU!
THANK YOU, LORD JESUS, AMEN!" 




BREAKING NEWS: We all DESERVE to ROT in HELL!

 

 

 

LOVE OFFENSIVE! REMEMBER I, JESUS, DIED FOR YOU!

 

7 opmerkingen:

Zie: HTML-tags in reacties toepassen en open met deze link een nieuw tabblad of nieuwe pagina om de aanwijzingen te kunnen raadplegen.